Sunday, December 14, 2008

Let it Snow


We woke up this morning to an inch and a half of snow and I somehow convinced Tim that we should still participate in the Jingle Bell Run downtown. As I slogged through 3.1 miles of freezing wind, dodged icy patches, and generally pined for the warmth of my down comforter, I realized two things 1) I have a long way to go before I am in good enough shape to live out of a backpack for an extended period of time, and 2) I am so glad we decided to start off our trip in Aruba.

Currently in Oranjestad, it is a sunny 86 degrees. The average temperature in Aruba is 82 degrees with less than 20 inches of rainfall annually. We will be starting our adventure with a week at the Amsterdam Manor Resort. I can't think of a better way to kick off a trip around the world than snorkeling in crystal blue waters or sipping cocktails on a white sand beach at sunset. Just the thought is enough to keep me warm until this snow thaws ( or at least until the Resolution Run and Polar Bear Dip on New Years Day ).

No comments:

Post a Comment